Underdog Pharmaceuticals has completed a Series Seed round with a launch of $10M to carry development through candidate selection and lead testing.
Lead Investor - Kizoo Technology Capital:
Kizoo provides mentoring and seed and early-stage financing with a focus on rejuvenation biotechnology. Having been entrepreneurs, VCs, and mentors in both high-growth tech and biotech companies for many years, with multiple exits and massive value created for the founders, Kizoo now brings this experience to the emerging field of rejuvenation biotech – a young industry that will eventually become much bigger than today’s largest technology markets.
As part of the Forever Healthy Group, Kizoo directly supports the creation of startups turning research on the root causes of aging into therapies and services for human application. Investments include AgeX, FoxBio, Turn.bio, Elevian, Oisin Biotechnologies, LIfT BioSiences, MAIA Biotechnology, and others. Forever Healthy’s other initiatives include the evaluation of new rejuvenation therapies, evidence-based curation of the world’s cutting-edge medical knowledge, funding research projects on the root causes of aging, and hosting the annual Undoing Aging Conference. For more information, please visit: kizoo.com and forever-healthy.org.
Please check here for employment opportunities or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Located in Novato, CA, Cyclarity Therapeutics, Inc. https://cyclaritytx.com is a startup company focused on developing a drug that clears toxic oxidized forms of cholesterol for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. The company’s technology removes arterial plaque by clearing the non-degradable cholesterol that accumulates within cells in the arterial walls.
Cyclarity Therapeutics is hiring a part-time Medical Director/Clinical Trial Director.
We are looking for an experienced Medical Director to play a key role in the clinical development of our first lead compound. Working closely with CROs and outsourcing much of the work, the part-time Medical Director/Clinical Trial Director will focus on developing and overseeing the strategic direction and execution of our clinical development program.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Review, oversee, and lead the strategic direction of the company’s clinical studies (initially a Phase I trial in the UK).
- Review IND-enabling regulatory documents and clinical trial plans.
- Lead the study design of Phase I and II clinical trials and be involved in the writing of protocols, identifying clinical trial sites, designing data collection, methods, interpreting clinical data and preparing final clinical study reports.
- Work closely with selected clinical CRO to oversee strategy, scope, complexity, size, budget, and deliverables, the clinical development strategy and clinical development plan. Support delivery and continual assessment of a plan that is competitive and consistent with current regulatory requirements, develop appropriate contingency plans.
- Oversee the clinical operations functions and activities related to the execution of clinical studies and programs in accordance with company SOPs, FDA guidelines and regulations.
- Oversee data collection activities and clinical response information.
- Engage with our scientific advisory board, key academic, community, and industry partners, and other thought leaders to innovate and refine clinical development strategies.
Education and Experience
- MD, with a minimum of 3-5 years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical or academic clinical drug development experience.
- Experience in cardiovascular disease, specifically atherosclerosis experience is ideal.
- Familiarity with advanced clinical imaging technologies, i.e., CT Angiography, MRI angiography, IVUS/ultrasound, etc. is a plus.
- Phase I and II clinical trial design experience required.
- Experience working with PIs, trial sites and regulatory agencies in the UK, US and Europe. UK experience is especially desired.
- Extensive experience with writing clinical study reports and interpreting clinical data.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical trial strategy, design, execution, regulatory and compliance (GCP, ICH, etc.) requirements governing clinical trials.
- Strong collegial and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in an inter disciplinary environment.
- Ability to work in a small and growing company and be comfortable in a startup environment.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can take initiative.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly tolerant and respectful of all members of a small startup company.
- Focused and goal-oriented, yet flexible enough to deal with unanticipated challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support a global clinical and scientific strategy.
- Must be flexible, and able to prioritize objectives.
- Ability to exercise good scientific, clinical and ethical judgment to proactively identify and address complex problems.
If you are interested in being considered or interested in learning more about this opportunity, please send a copy of your resume or LinkedIn to email@example.com